Wednesday, August 14, 2013

NPC Free Sampler

Continuing through the stash of unread minicomics.

Title: NPC Free Sampler
Publisher: Randall Drew and Haroon Piracha
Date: 2012
Creators: Randall Drew, Haroon Piracha

NPC, in this case, stands for Non-Playable Comic. This is a comic strip sample by two guys who are involved in video game sound and music. The focus is video game culture and the video game industry. This is a small mini, just one sheet folded, that opens to show two comic strips.

Disclaimer: I am a geek in most traditional areas of geekery, but video games is not one of those areas for me. The last video game system I owned was an Atari 2600. That being said...

I wasn't completely sure if I got the joke in the first comic, but it had a Pokemon reference so it provided some degree of amusement. The second strip was more industry-related, and this time I got the joke and it was pretty funny and made a good point as well.

So for my personal amusement, I would love to see more comics like the second one, but the target audience of serious video game fans will still get more mileage out of this than I did.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment