Saturday, June 6, 2015

Nightmares and Fairy Tales #20

From the stack of comics that I brought with me to Vietnam when we moved here. I'm now rushing to get through the remaining comics in that stack so that I can take them home when we head home for a visit in a little over a week.

Nine comics left in the stack after this one and we leave in 10 days! Looks like this blog really will be Comic A Day, at least for the next week or so!

Title: Nightmares and Fairy Tales
Issue: 20
Date: August, 2007
Publisher: SLG Publishing
Writer: Serena Valentino
Artist: Camilla D'Errico
Letterer: Joshua Archer
Editor: Jennifer De Guzman

This is the second part of a two-part variant on the Sleeping Beauty tale.

A girl who can see the unseen is befriended by another girl who might be a ghost. Or she might be locked in a tower asleep.

Gwen enlists the help of her Aunt Bea to try to free the mysterious ghost girl from her tower.

This was a very clever variation, and the manga-style art is absolutely lovely. I liked the connection and the interaction between the two girls, and Aunt Bea is excellent in the mentor-figure role.

This was pretty much a random issue of this series that I picked up because I liked the cover, but I am definitely interested in reading more.

Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment