Monday, October 19, 2015

Indonesian Manga

Hello from Jakarta, Indonesia!

I'm here on a day-job business trip. Things have been hectic lately, so I haven't had time to do much in the way of reviews, but I'm taking advantage of this opportunity to give a (really quick) look at the geeky scene here in Jakarta. Keep in mind that I've been pretty busy with work, and I haven't been able to see much besides the huge mall next to my hotel.

But on the way here from the airport, I did spot this big banner over the highway advertising Jakarta's Comic Fair.




I also managed to pick up a couple of samples of Bahasa-language manga at a bargain table at the mall. I don't review comics in languages I can't read, but here are a few pictures. I believe these titles are translated from Japanese, but they are published by companies here in Jakarta.







Since leaving the U.S., I've bought comics or manga in Vietnam, Cambodia, India, and now Indonesia! I'll see what I can find in China in December!


No comments:

Post a Comment