Sunday, May 5, 2019

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #187

From the Random Stack of Unread Comics.

Title: Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
Issue: 187
Date: March, 2005

Publisher: 
DC Comics

Writer: Shane McCarthy
Penciller: Tommy Castillo
Inker: Rodney Ramos

Colorist: Tony Avina

Letterer: Pat Brosseau
Editor: Bob Schreck, Michael Wright

This is part three of a story arc called "Riddle Me That", with the Batman being manipulated through a complex series of puzzles and traps by the Riddler, while the Riddler's past is explored in flashback sequences.

It hadn't occurred to me until I read this, but I know pretty much nothing about the Riddler's origin story, which is surprising to me considering what a longstanding and iconic character he is. I've even cosplayed him! And I still know nothing about his background.

So for that alone, I found this a really intriguing issue. It's a pretty transitional piece of the overall story arc, so the present-time action doesn't really amount to all that much, but the bits of Riddler backstory were enough to get me interested in reading more.

Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment