Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 Comic Review Recap

I spent 2019 living and working in Shanghai, China. For non-comics reading, I spent 2019 reading only books written by women (my top five books of the year are listed here). I didn't extend this to my comics reading because I was relying on the Random Stack of Unread Comics, which I had brought to China from storage in the USA in 2018. I only went to one geeky convention in 2019, a local anime/cosplay event at the Hub Mall near Hongqiao Railway Station in Shanghai. I did also get to see mall exhibits on Marvel Studios and Ultraman, and attended a WWE live show in Shanghai. Travel destinations in 2019 included Taiwan, Palau, the Philippines, as well as Wuxi, Hong Kong, Xi'An, and Hangzhou within China. I went to Hong Kong Disneyland, which brings my total number of Disney parks to three.

I also read and reviewed 96 comics. which is 11 less than 2018. Here are the highs and lows:

Highest Rated Comics Read In 2019


Alethia Chapter 1 (8.5)
Awakening Comics #1 (8.5)
Awkward (8.5)
Bored Angel (8.5)
Circadia #1 (8.5)
Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (8.5)
Ms. Marvel Volume 1: No Normal (8.5)
The Realm #2 (8.5)
Shade: The Changing Man #44 (8.5)
Smile (8.5)
Tragedy at Farstation Prota (8.5)
The Vengeful Half (8.5)
The Walking Dead #175 (8.5)

The Flutter Collection (9)
Ghosts (9)
Lumberjanes Volume 4: Out of Time (9)
Lumberjanes Volume 5: Band Together (9)
We Won't Be Erased (9)

The Prince and the Dressmaker (9.5)

Lowest Rated Comics Read In 2019


Hermann Shepherd in "Gitmo Goofs" (2.5)




No comments:

Post a Comment