Thursday, February 3, 2022

2021 Comic Review Recap

With Covid continuing to be an issue, and with travel restrictions in place, 2021 was a lot like 2020 in terms of lack of travel. We did manage a trip to Chengdu and Leshan around Christmas, but otherwise we spent our time in Shanghai. I wanted to try to read 100 books in 2021, which I managed to do (actually read 101), but since I don't count individual issue comics toward book-reading, the Random Stack of Unread Comics was pushed aside once again. This was not that big a deal, since with no traveling there was no chance to replenish it. I had a decent number of graphic novels among the 101 books, and those made up the majority of my contributions to this blog in 2021.

My total number of reviews in 2021 was 27, down 3 from last year.

Highest Rated Comics in 2021

Feast of Fields (8.5)
Roller Girl (8.5)
A Wish Fulfilled: Accidental Time Machine (8.5)

Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You (9)
Saga Compendium 1 (9)
Small Town Type #1 (9)

A Monster Calls (9.5)

Lowest Rated Comics in 2021

Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey (5)
Jedi Academy: The Force Oversleeps (5)

Avengers Endgame Prelude (4)

I'm looking forward to some more graphic novels (I have several on my to-be-read shelf, plus delving back into the remaining Random Stack of Unread Comics in 2022!



No comments:

Post a Comment