Sunday, January 11, 2015

Halfling Zine #3

My second review from the rewards package I got for backing Boston Zine Fair. As mentioned in my previous post, I'll be covering some items that are more in the realm of zines than comics in some of these reviews.

Title: Halfling Zine
Publisher: Halfling Zine
Issue: #3
Date: 2014
Editor: Sylvia Kim
Photography: Whitten Sabbatini, Pat Reynolds, Maria Fernanda Molins, Christopher Gill, Juan Miguel Remirez-Suassi, Paige Mazurek
Cover: Juan Miguel Remirez-Suassi

Halfling Zine is a full-color photography zine, curated and published annually by Sylvia Kim. The 28 pages of photos range from what I (in my strictly amateur-level knowledge of photography) would describe as street photography to artistic still-life pieces. The photos stand on their own without captions. Credits are given to the photographers in the table of contents page.

This was a very enjoyable addition to the rewards package from Boston Zine Fair. Not many zinesters that I've seen work in full color, and there were some intriguing and vivid images withing the pages of this volume.

Halfling Zine maintains a Tumblr page for those interested in checking out some of the photos online.

Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment