Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Robot And I: On The Beast

I'm currently working my way through a small stack that I picked up at the Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo this past September.

Title: The Robot And I: On The Beast
Date: 2012
Publisher: Bazzelwaki
Writer: Ben Prager
Artist: Ben Prager

A man and a robot are summoned to a remote frozen village to prevent the Beast from awakening. I don't want to give spoilers on the nature of the Beast itself. Suffice it to say that it is visually impressive and very original.

The artwork in this quarter-sized minicomic is really good, to the point that it suffers a bit from the small-sized format of the book. The pacing of the story is fast, and I ended up having to read it a couple of times to make sure I was understanding it, but I definitely appreciated the clever and surreal nature of the tale.

This left me wanting to see more of the artist's creations.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment