Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bonus Review: The Wolf and the Sun


Title: The Wolf and the Sun
Date: 2011
Publisher: Aya Rothwell
Writer: Aya Rothwell
Art: Aya Rothwell

Aya Rothwell presents her interpretation of the myth of the wolf swallowing the sun (or in this case, curling up to sleep around the sun in the night time). Full-color quarter-sized minicomic that tells the tale of Sunwolf and the shadowy Quiet Wolf and their race to chase the sun. Rothwell's vivid watercolors give this mini a unique look, and I enjoyed her quirky wolf characters.

Rating: 7.5/10

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting a review! I actually did not know about the myth of a wolf swallowing a sun (or didn't remember it), but I became interested and I googled it just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I wasn't sure if your story was imagined or based on a particular myth, but there is certainly some similar imagery in mythology.

    ReplyDelete