Friday, January 14, 2011

Reviewing From The Arisia Convention This Weekend


This weekend will be my first convention weekend since I started this review blog. I'm going to try out something a little different. While the primary focus of Comic A Day for most of the year will be working on my backlog of unread comics, for conventions, I'd like to purchase one new comic per day at the con and review it on the spot.

So this weekend I'll be at the Arisia convention in Boston MA. Arisia is a general SF convention that features a wide variety of programming. I know specifically of two new comics that will be available at the con, so I'll need to get those two and then find two more. I'll also need to arrange for some online time to post reviews. For these on-the-spot reviews, I'll be replacing the scans with photos.

For those interested in checking out my comics, I'll be at Table 54 in the Dealers' Room. I'm also a panelist. Here is my panel schedule:

  • Sat 12:30pm - Challenges of Self-Publishing
  • Sat 3:30pm - Comic Book Creation from Creators' Perspectives
  • Sun 2:00pm - Marketing Independent Media
  • Mon 11:00am - The Care and Feeding of the Young Fan
  • Mon 2:00pm - Other Cons: What Else is Out There?
Looking forward to doing my first set of Comic A Day reviews on the road. Hope to see you all at Arisia!

No comments:

Post a Comment