Monday, January 17, 2011

Out The Window


Title: Out The Window
Date: 2010
Publisher: Free Lunch Comics
Writer: Sarah Morrison
Artist: Sarah Morrison

Really adorable story about a girl and her dragon, told without dialogue (none is needed) and with the main characters in full color against b/w backgrounds. The format is similar to children's paperback picture book, with one illustration per page. The story is straightforward but engaging and the art is lovely. Nice bit of magical fantasy that's good for all ages.

Rating: 8/10

I ran into Sarah Morrison (that's Sarah in the photo!) at Arisia and picked up her debut comic, Out the Window. Sunday at Arisia was a solo day for me and aside from my one panel, I spent it at my dealer's table. I'm catching up on come other comics I got at the convention, so look for some of those bonus reviews coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment